Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fresh Air

Its snowing. Not a big surprise as it is winter in Northern Alberta! I used to embrace winter heartily. I ran a ski area for many years and looked forward to the snow. Now I see it as an obstacle. I need to remember to embrace it again, like a child, with delight!
Do you remember getting up in the morning, smelling porridge and peeking out the window to see the snow? That feeling of anticipation, as you hurried through breakfast to throw on your winter clothes and leap outside! Snow angels, snowballs, snowmen, forts and snowball fights! Playing fox and geese! Pulling little ones on sleds, digging out skates, shoveling off the dugout!
Even our chores took on a different flavor after the snow. The steamy heat of the old barn as we milked, cats curling around our feet. Throwing haybales out of the loft down to the cows. Glasses fogging up as we entered the chicken house.
I think I'm going to make a snow fort this weekend and have a snow ball fight! Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment