Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello World

Hi, I thought for my first post I would introduce myself... obviously I have children. Five, yes, I have counted them, 5 boys. Three are grown up already, but that doesn't mean you stop being a mom, you just parent in a "long-distance" way. My youngest two are 15 year old twins. They are also country boys. This means, that at the moment, I am not the "in" parent. I know little about cars, trucks, tractors and engines and I refuse to shoot gophers with them. It is just a waste of bullets with my eyesight! Yes, I can hit the broad side of a barn, but only from 10 feet away and only if the barn stands still....
As well as being a mom, I am also an Early Childhood Educator, which means I teach Preschool. I love preschool even though it will never earn my living. So that means I work a few other jobs too. I am also a Home Visitor for a program that mentors parents with barriers. And I teach First Aid, and I cater. And in my spare time (somewhere between midnight and 4 p.m.) I volunteer in our community.
So thats my crazy life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment