Monday, August 16, 2010

New Direction

My life took an interesting turn last week. My supervisor and I met to review client files last Monday. One of the first things she asked was, "Our PRAC (Prevention of Relationship Abuse) Coordinator has left. We are doing interviews today. Would you be interested in interviewing?"
I said, "Yes." and did the interview a few hours later. I was not at all prepared, had no time to even think about it, but I guess I did okay. I was offered the position  the next morning.
This means a few things will change for me. I am now full time for Healthy Families, Healthy Futures. And I have to quit teaching preschool. That is really hard for me. My heart hurts!
But being involved is such a wonderful organization is great. We will be getting new offices at the end of the month and hopefully getting word out in the communtity that we are here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment