Monday, March 19, 2012

3 Gifts Eaten

Today's challenge from A Holy Experience (One Thousand Gifts Website) is to name 3 gifts eaten. Today I give thanks for
1. The abundance of gluten-free food now readily available. So much easier now than when I was diagnosed with Celiac 12 years ago.
2. Fresh fruit in the winter time. I know that the 100 mile diet is touted, but in Northern climates this would be awful!
3. My new recipe. I love throwing things together for a simple soup. Here is today's.

Quinoa and Chicken Soup

1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced carrots   (In chef terms this is Miripoix, the base of most soup)
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
Bring to a boil. Add-
1/4 cup of quinoa
Simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes. In the meantime chop one chicken breast and saute until cooked, juices will be clear. Add to quinoa. Add 1 cup more water plus any leftover cooked veggies in the fridge! I used mixed peas and carrots today.
Add 1/2 tsp. of Mrs. Dash and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Makes 2 servings.
Serve with gluten free toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment