Monday, March 12, 2012

Gratitude

I started March out sitting in a hospital room, beside my mother's bed. This afternoon we went for a short walk around the apartment block, past the huge old elms and strolled through a quiet playground. Today's March challenge in One Thousand Gifts was to find gifts in water, wind and white.
1. Water- spring run-off down the gutter carrying last year's leaves.
2. Wind- a Canada goose overhead.
3. White- The snow swirl around a round bale left in the field.

I've always been an optimist, but God is showing me with every moment, just how good He is and how much He cares for me. I read a suggestion a while ago, that to read the scriptures and replace the pronoun with my name. So today's scripture reads, "He put a new song in Brenda's mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:3.

And I will sing a song of thanks,
For He is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment