Friday, March 16, 2012

The Hard Stuff

Today, One Thousand Gifts wants you to think about 3 hard eucharisteos. A very suitable one for me today. I had a hard time this morning being grateful. I received news about my Compassionate Care benefits, a leave I took to care for my mom as she recovers from her liver transplant. I have taken 6 weeks of leave, of which only 1 week is left. I finally heard that my claim was accepted but I will only be getting 2 weeks of benefits. I have lost over a month's wages, as the benefits only pay a portion of the wage.
Gratefulness was the farthest thing from my mind. I stomped and cried and even threw a few things. How can I be grateful for this?
1. I am grateful that I didn't know that I would receive this little before I applied. I might not have done it and would have missed out on my time with my mom.
2. I am grateful, that I am even getting this much. This benefit is new.
3. I am grateful that God provides. He has always helped me through before and this is another time to remember to fully rely on him.
Euchariseos. Gratefulness in the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment